Monday, May 2, 2011

Indexing La Junta

A few weeks ago the class was visited by a man from the Animal Assistance Foundation. We were given four pages to record animals that we saw, feral, owned, or unknown. For the next two weeks I walked the normal route I took home and counted the animals that I saw.

April 14, 3:30 P.M.- 4:00 P.M.
Cats:
1 owned
5 feral
2 unknown

Dogs:
3 Owned


April 15, 3:30 P.M.- 4:00 P.M.
Cats:
0 Owned
7 Feral
2 Unknown

Dogs:
4 Owned

April 21, 3:30 P.M.- 4:00 P.M.
Cats:
7 Feral

Dogs:
3 Owned


April 22, 3:30 P.M.- 4:00 P.M.
Cats:
9 Feral

Dogs:
3 Owned

I walked the same route everyday, and there are definitely more stray cats than there were dogs. Most of the dogs that I saw galavanting  around had collars and tags. There was a large population of stray cats that live down the street from me in an empty house, this is where most of my cat data came from. I really hope that the information helps cats like the ones down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment